Beaufort Wine and Food would like to thank all those whose support made the 12th annual April Wine and Food festival such a success.
From it’s 2016 April Festival, BWF was able to donate over $50,000 back to charity and non-profits in Eastern NC. Recipients include:
- Broad Street Clinic
- Carteret County Partnership for Children
- Carteret County Domestic Violence Program
- Carteret County Historical Society
- Core Sound Waterfowl Museum & Heritage Center
- Crystal Coast Reading Council
- Family Promise of Carteret County
- Friends of the Carteret County Library
- North Carolina Maritime Museum
- Preschool at Camp Albemarle
A few of the projects BWF selected to fund include the Harborside Project on Front Street – benefitting the NCMM and Rachel Carson Reserve and providing much needed public access space in downtown Beaufort and the CSWMHC’s project that will focus on the online cataloguing and management of “Down East” artifacts, photos and stories, along with a permanent exhibit.
In addition to the grant cycle, BWF is always looking for ways to support and engage the community throughout the year.
A new event on the horizon is Beaufort’s Brewin’ to take place Sept. 23 and Sept. 24. The two-day festival will feature a variety of Beer seminars, luncheons and dinners in area restaurants, pubs and breweries as well a Beer Walkabout and crowd Favorite – Beer, Bubbles and BBQ!